Member of CQB at PKU;
Vice dean of Dept of BME at PKU
Ph.D. in computational fluid dynamics, Peking University, 2000;
M.S. in fluid dynamics, Peking University, 1997;
B.S. in engineering mechanics, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 1992.
Research in the Zhu lab is currently centered at developing bioinformatics methods and tools for basic biomedicine studies. Recently methodology development includes gene finding algorithms for prokaryotes and eukaryotes, gene calling and sequence assembly in metagenomic shotgun reads. The lab also focuses on the regulatory mechanisms studies based on genome sequence and chip data analysis, comparative genomics, molecular evolution, and protein molecular dynamic simulation.
Academic Work experiences:
Since 2003, Peking University;
2007-2008, Visiting researcher of the University of Helsinki, Finland;
2001-2002, Postdoc. Peking University
1. Chengwei Luo, Gang-Qing Hu, Huaiqiu Zhu, Genome reannotation of Escherichia coli CFT073 with new insights into virulence, BMC Genomics, 2009, 10: 552.
2. Hong Kang, Xin-Qiu Yao, Zhen-Su She, Huaiqiu Zhu. Water-protein interplay reveals the specificity of alpha-lytic protease. Biochem. Bioph. Res. Co., 2009, 385: 165-169.
3. Gang-Qing Hu, Xiaobin Zheng, Yi-Fan Yang, Philippe Ortet, Zhen-Su She, Huaiqiu Zhu. ProTISA: a comprehensive resource for translation initiation site annotation in prokaryotic genomes. Nucleic Acids Res., 2008, 36: D114-119.
4. Huaiqiu Zhu, Gang-Qing Hu, Yi-Fan Yang, Jin Wang, Zhen-Su She. MED: a new non-supervised gene prediction algorithm for bacterial and archaeal genomes. BMC Bioinformatics, 2007, 8: 97.
5. Huai-Qiu Zhu, Gang-Qing Hu, Zheng-Qing Ouyang, Jin Wang, Zhen-Su She. Accuracy improvement for identifying translation initiation sites in microbial genomes. Bioinformatics, 2004, 20(18): 3308-3317.
Associate editor of Int. J. Comput. Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Systems Biology (IJCIBSB)
Committee member of China Association of Biomedical Information Technology (CABMIT)