1. 2008/12, Ph.D. in Mathematics/ Minor in Computational Science, Penn State University.
2. 2003/12, Master in Computational Mathematics, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
3. 1997/07, B.S. in Computational Mathematics, Peking University, China.
1. Scientific computing and numerical methods of Partial Differential Equations
2. Computational biology
3. Computational materials science
2013/06 - Present, Associate Professor, Beijing International Center for Mathematical Research, Peking University, China
2012/07 – 2013/06, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
2009/08 – 2012/06, Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, University of California, Irvine.
2009/01 – 2009/08, Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Mathematics, Penn State University.
1. Lei Zhang, Kelly Radtke, LikunZheng, Anna Cai, Tom Schilling, Qing Nie, Noise Drives Sharpening of Gene Expression Boundaries in the Zebrafish Hindbrain, Molecular Systems Biology 8:613, 2012
2. Lei Zhang, Arthur Lander, Qing Nie, A Reaction-Diffusion Mechanism Influences Cell Lineage Progression as a Basis for Formation, Regeneration, and Stability of Intestinal Crypts, BMC Systems Biology 6:93, 2012
3. Lei Zhang, Long-qing Chen, Qiang Du, Simultaneous Prediction of Morphologies of a Critical Nucleus and an Equilibrium Precipitate in Solids, Commun. Comput. Phys., 7, 674-682, 2010.
4. Lei Zhang, Long-qing Chen, Qiang Du, Morphology of critical nuclei in solid state phase transformations, Physical Review Letters, 98, No.25, 265703, 2007.
The Recruitment Program of Global Youth Experts, RMB 2,000K, 2012-2015, PI.
NSFC Major Project Plan, RMB 3,5000K, 2015-2019, Co-PI.
NSFC Asia 3 Foresight Program, RMB 4,000K,